John Cage is my favourite artist (along with Louise Bourgeois). Although he’s perhaps most well-known for his music and writing, he also created some fantastic visual art. Here are my top 10. Enjoy!
- Images 1 & 2 taken from here.
- Above: John Cage, Dereau #3, 1982. One from 38 related colour etchings with aquatint, engraving, photo-etching and drypoint. 181⁄2 x 241⁄2 in. Published by Crown Point Press. Taken from here.
- Above: “New River Watercolor,” Series II, #2, 1988. Watercolour on paper. Courtesy College for Creative Studies’ Center Galleries. Taken from here.
- Images 5 & 6 found here.
- Above: John Cage Ryoanji 17 February 1988 -pencil on Japanese handmade paper. Taken from here.
- Above: New River Watercolors (Series I, #5), 1988, watercolor on paper, 18 x 36 inches. Found here.
- Above: “Eninka,” #20/50, 1986. Smoked paper and branded print on Gampi paper chine colle. Courtesy College for Creative Studies’ Center Galleries.