This week’s painting is John Cage’s 11 Stones.
- Songs of a Dead Dreamer by Thomas Ligotti. Songs of a Dreamer was Thomas Ligotti’s first collection of supernatural horror stories. When originally published in 1985 by Harry Morris’s Silver Scarab Press, the book was hardly noticed. In 1989, an expanded version appeared that garnered accolades from several quarters. Writing in the Washington Post, the celebrated science fiction and fantasy author Michael Swanwick extolled: ‘Put this volume on the shelf right between H. P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe. Where it belongs.’ – Amazon
- Strungballs by Mike Russell. Disclaimer: Mike Russell is my other half 🙂 I was a fan before we were a couple. If you love Examining The Odd and want to show your support, please grab a copy of this amazing book. Oh, and don’t forget to leave a review! You won’t be disappointed.
- The House on the Borderland by William Hope Hodgson.
- Railsea by China Miéville.
- The Thing on the Doorstep and Other Weird Stories by H. P. Lovecraft.
“There are black zones of shadow close to our daily paths, and now and then some evil soul breaks a passage through. When that happens, the man who knows must strike before reckoning the consequences.”
― H.P. Lovecraft,
Which books would you add to the list? Which is your favourite? Please share if you love weird fiction!